Automatic Cat Litter Box is rated out of 5 by 46.
Rated 1 out of 5
from Doesn't work after a couple months I was so excited to get this litter box for my cat because it seemed the most sanitary option, however in just a couple months it has stopped working completely. The rake keeps stalling every inch and making a horrible noise. I cleaned out the entire litter box, hoping that it was just dried on/stuck litter getting in the way of the rake, but still nothing. I can't believe I paid so much money to manually clean out litter. The customer service is horrible too. Doesn't seem like I will be getting a replacement. SUCH A WASTE OF MONEY.
Date published: 2016-04-21
Rated 1 out of 5
from Disappointed after the first use After going back and forth from Petco to Petsmart and comparing litterboxes I decided to purchase the Multicat Automatic Litter Box at Petsmart for $180 on sale. I liked that i could use any litter i wanted, only to find out it says use only natures miracle litter on the unit. I was a little confused and angry when i saw that because i had picked up a big box of fresh step while i was at the store. The installation was easy, however the unit seemed cheaply made and the waste containers were flimsy and i could'nt seem to get them to line up correctly. I filled the fresh step litter below the "MAX" line and powered on the unit. During its first run i saw that the machine dumoed a ton of litter in the waste container. I went out came home later that night with the light flashing and litter in the box that had not been raked into the receptacle. After some trouble shooting i noticed that the rake kept getting stuck at the back of the machine and would stop raking automatically.I purchased the most expensive litter box in the store after shopping around. I really would have hoped it would work. Now i have to scoop up the litter manually, in an automatic box... I have used many Natures Miracle products im not happy i wasted almost $200 on something that doesn't work. I would like to hear back from customer service
Date published: 2016-04-18
Rated 4 out of 5
from Major Lifesavers We have 4 housecats in our family that we dearly love and pamper. 3 are longhairs and are over 10 lbs. One is 23 lbs. We struggled with which litter and litterbox worked best for our furry friends. Odor was a major factor. When we tried Nature's Miracle litterbox we were happy. The multicat box was big enough for our largest cat but we knew we needed more than one. We have increased our number to 4 boxes. Very satisfied. Plastic rakes wear out or teeth break after several years and need to be replaced. Just a few seconds daily needed to refresh each box and 1 hour weekly for more care. Friends comment on lack of odor and smell. Like this system alot. Cats do too.
Date published: 2016-04-09
Rated 2 out of 5
from Unhappy cat parent I bought the self cleaning.litter box and was constantly having to clean it my self. Now after less than 6 months it has completed stopped working.
Date published: 2016-04-03
Rated 1 out of 5
from Don't waste your time/money Does not perform as advertised or expected. Requires daily and weekly cleaning. The litter receptacles and lids are so flimsy they cannot be removed without spills and mess. The lids will not remain in place under tabs designed to hold them and used litter and feces will spill all over. I had to design and fabricate my own washable receptacle in order to use this device at all. My purchase was based on good experience with other Nature's Miracle products, but they definitely failed on this one. Very disappointed, and will not be purchasing their brand again.
Date published: 2016-03-22
Rated 1 out of 5
from Worst Purchase Ever! I went searching for my first self cleaning litter box, and found one that had great reviews, so I went to the closest pet store (which happens to be an hour away) to buy it. When I got there, the Nature's Miracle Self Cleaning Litter Boxes caught my eye because it said very clearly on the box that I could use my favorite brand of litter with it. Thinking that would be a cheaper route, I decided to go ahead and buy it instead. When I got home and took it out of the packaging, it had written in the litter box in bold lettering to "USE ONLY NATURE'S OWN LITTER WITH IT." That was the first thing that irritated me about this box. Now, let's talk about my experience with the actual litter box. The rake was constantly getting clogged up to the point where i would have to clean the rake out and manually run it through another cycle to try and get some of the waste out of the litter box. I used this product for a week, and by the end of the week, it was obvious that the motor was already having issues pushing the litter into the waste compartment tray. This next part is what really did it in for me with this product: I went to detach the waste compartment tray from the litter box because it was full so that I could put a new one in, and had the worst time trying to get it to detach without dumping used cat litter all over my floor. In trying my best to keep the used litter in the tray and not dumping it out, I had the unfortunate experience of getting dirty cat litter sprayed into my face. After that incident, I am determined to take this horrible automatic cat litter box back to the pet store and get my money back. Before this incident, I had never tried any type of Nature's Miracle product. After this cat litter box disaster, I don't think I will ever try any more of their products, nor would I reccomend them to anyone.
Date published: 2016-03-16
Rated 1 out of 5
from not worth the high cost i wont not waste my money on this litter box. always clumps up. I usually just ccoop and clean myself which defeasts having a automater litter box. The first Litter maid automatic litter boxes worked good and I thought naturals miicals would work too but it turns out Litter maid is if the same company that buts out both.
Date published: 2016-03-06
Rated 2 out of 5
from A little sad We bought the multiple cat box over a year ago. The rake got stuck constantly, it's like cement getting the wet litter out, and the way my cats dig, litter was getting stuck in the tracks, on the lid, pretty much everywhere. I am cleaning up more litter outside the box now than I did with a traditional box. I love the idea of a self-cleaning, but it's been more trouble. Now, after a year and a half, the plug into the unit FELL inside itself and now we cannot even use it. I really don't feel I got my money's worth.
Date published: 2016-02-27
Please see included instruction manual for complete instructions.
- Remove AC adapter from packaging and plug into the AC adapter outlet at the back of the top housing. Plug cord into standard electrical outlet.
- Turn ON/OFF switch to ON; the mode indicator light will turn on.
- NOTE: The rake will automatically run through a cleaning cycle to smooth out litter.
- For daily use, your cat enters the litter box. Once it leaves, the motion sensors will activate CLEANING cycle; (sensors must be blocked for at least 10 seconds to activate CLEANING cycle).
- IMPORTANT: Unit will not start CLEANING cycle while cat is in the box.
- After 20 minutes, cleaning starts and the automatic rake moves forward and back to scoop waste clumps into the waste receptacle.
- NOTE: If the cat reenters and leaves the litter box before the initial 20 minutes have past, the timer will automatically reset and delay the rake action for an additional 20 minutes.
- NOTE: Rake will stop and reverse direction if the safety bar touches any object behind the rake as it cycles.
- IMPORTANT: If the rake encounters a blockage, it will attempt to complete its cleaning cycle 5 times. If unsuccessful the rake will return to the home position and the LED light will blink quickly to indicate FAULT mode (see TROUBLESHOOTING for more details).
- If small litter particles remain in the litter tray after the rake has completed a cycle, you can use the scoop and rake cleaner to move these particles to the waste receptacle.
- If clumps of litter become stuck to the rake, use the teeth on the scoop and rake cleaner to clean between the teeth on the rake.
- The disposable waste receptacle will keep odors and waste trapped until you are ready to replace the receptacle. Once the receptacle is full, remove and replace as instructed in REMOVING THE WASTE RECEPTACLE.